Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chillin in a cafe vs KIYOMIZU!

Watching hordes of junior high and high school kids get off the bus each time a bus stops. I know they're all going to Kiyomizu.

I'm seriously going to have to take a chill approach to this trip. Not that I didn't know that already.

Behind me, the cafe's regulars are chatting with the owner about the changes that have happened to the city.

One said he was totally against the Kyoto when they were building it, but now when he gets back from somewhere at night and sees that white glow, he feels like he's home.

It's nice to hear locals talk about a city that has always been associated in my mind with tourists.
After a nice quite stroll up the hill, I got to the temple. I knew what was waiting for me, but WOW!
I keep repeating "Patience, patience, patience." in my head. Over and over and over.

Now I'm waiting to drink from the Otowa spring. It's like waiting in line for Disneyland. Complete with children. And, well, tourists. Only thing missing are the locals with the annual passes.

When I came here a while ago, I was told each of the three stood for something, but a lady at the temple said it's always just been wishes.

Going to have to look into this later...

Now onto Sannei-zaka and Ninen-zaka.

1 comment:

  1. I love Kiyomizudera. It's better if you can go at night - it's somehow more magical.

    -Teri

    ReplyDelete