Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday off

Faced with a choice this morning of laundry or a few more hours of sleep, under my warm covers, I chose sleep. And it was good.

When I finally crawled out of bed, it was about the time I would be starting work. Instead, I changed, got my stuff together, made (a late) breakfast, and headed out.

Going to Meieki to do a bit more shopping then go back out again for Halloween.

This year Halloween is attached to work, so I'm not in the mood as much as I normally would be. Still love the holiday, but it's always just been an excuse to dress up and eat absurd quantities of candy.

Now it's about teaching American "culture" and unlike Thanksgiving and Christmas, which are about family, being grateful for what you have, and making sure everyone is stuffed with as much food as humanly possible, Halloween is a selfish holiday. "Look at me in my awesome costume!" "Give me candy!" It's the inherent nature of the day.

So I have mixed feelings. Spreading Halloween awesomeness is cool. Teaching it in a lesson makes sense. But...

I don't know, maybe I'm just tired.


Meh.


Tokyu Hands!!

More retail therapy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment