Tuesday, August 6, 2013

At the theater: The Lone Ranger

I have to say, I honestly enjoyed that.

But I also have to say for extremely personal reasons, I cried my eyes out.

I'll spare you the babbling reasons I was bawling at the end credits, though it had nothing to do with the story.

Long story short, it made me homesick. I miss hot dry summers. I miss the desert. And I knew a large majority, if not all, of the audience was not in the same psychological place as me, not that I would ever expect or even want them to be, but it's been a while since I felt and knew I was so alone.

It was also a bit of a shock since it's been a while since Japan felt so foreign.

I want to go home. I need the desert. I need the smog and the multi-lane freeways. I need the Mexican food. I need my cat.

Yes, all this and more from Johnny Depp in white make-up and a dead bird on his head.

Worth it in the theater too. Transcontinental railroad and explosions.

No comments:

Post a Comment