Thursday, August 29, 2013

At the theater: Star Trek Into Darkness - After thoughts

I have to say, I quite enjoyed it. It was very predictable, but I didn't go to see the movie for a creative plot line. I went for lots of action and Benedict Cumberbatch; seeing as I got lots of both, I'm a happy movie goer.

There were some good moments that I enjoyed. I liked all of the characters. Well, Kirk was okay. But Spock was cool and I really liked Scotty and Bones. Best was, of course, Khan, but I'm biased.

The IMAX experience was definitely cool, though I wasn't 100% sold on the 3D. Unfortunately, I think there was too much "Ooooh, look 3D!" (so far only Ironman 3 has pulled off using 3D effectively without taking away from the movie itself). Also, the IMAX 3D glasses didn't sit very well over my glasses, so I spent more than half of the movie holding them in the right spot.

I don't regret seeing it in IMAX 3D, but I would suggest saving money and seeing it in a regular theater.

I think I might have gotten more out of the movie as a whole if I was a trekkie, but it was still entertaining enough in my blissful ignorance. I do think I'll have to add at least the Star Trek movies to my "to watch" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment