Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Back in SoCal: Day 7


Sorry I haven't posted since Japan. I've been working on a stationery post, but it got a bit out of hand, so I'm re-working it so it doesn't freak most people out. Yeah. Stationery.

Anyways, here's a quick rundown of the past few days.


Oct 9
My long birthday started with a lazy morning of watching TV then making my way down to the airport with no problems thanks to the typhoon I was so worried about shifting north. I checked in and hung out at the airport, took a nice long lunch, Skyped with my mom thanks to the free wifi, and got on the flight to Narita and then transferred flights to LAX.

Both flights were smooth, though I did have an issue with the mediocre service of the United Airlines staff. It was just enough to irritate me little by little. In the end, it was enough to make me forget that I was coming home to only one parent for the first time. So I suppose I could be thankful, but that was some seriously annoying service.

My mom picked me up, we picked up some dinner, we ate, and I fell asleep for the rest of the day.

Oct 10
I don't remember what I did in the morning, but in the afternoon, me and my mom went to the electronics store and picked up a computer for her. We got back home and didn't really do much else.

Oct 11
Set up my mom's computer and realized the computer was on battery power when it was plugged in. The adapter was cold and the little light next to where the power cord gets plugged in wasn't on. Meh.

I needed to get my eyebrows threaded and pick up some nail polish, so I took off to do just that. After that, we went back to the electronics store and it turned out the adapter was bad so we got her a new one. Yay!

Oct 12
Day of Raul's wedding! In the morning, I had breakfast and worked on my nails to match my dress.

Drove up to the ceremony, which was beautiful, then drove back home to pick up my mom and drove to reception, which happened to be 10 minutes from our house. I asked her to pick me up after the reception, or I could just call a taxi. Either way, I was ready to enjoy the bar along with the rest of the reception.

And it was a great party. I got to catch up with some old friends and danced all night.

Oct 13
Woke up with a hangover and painful knees. The hangover was gone pretty quickly, but the pain in my knees...yeah, that was a lot of dancing. And so worth it.

But I still couldn't move and instead of doing anything productive, I decided to watch the Castle Season Five DVDs my mom got me. Yay for Castle!

Oct 14
This was also a lazy day, partly because it's an observed holiday. Planned out a bit of the rest of my time in SoCal. With sticky-notes on the wall. Like always.

Oct 15
Headed out to the station with my mom to catch the train to LA Union Station. While I was still in Japan, I had a craving for Olvera Street taquitos. So we went to get them. We chilled for most of the time we were there, leisurely walking around and sitting in a quiet courtyard. Really nice. We had our taquitos and we walked around some more. I also picked up some Dia de los Muertos decorations. Not quite sure why, but it felt right. Will probably post pics later.

At dinner I went out with my good friend Kathy and we caught up and it was good.


So that should bring you up-to-date (not that you asked to be), I have a few more things I have to do and I few more I want to do, but that's what it's always like when I come home. Going to enjoy the weather and the excuse to be lazy while I can. And with that note, it's time for NCIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment