Friday, November 8, 2013

At the theater: JOBS - After thoughts

It was better than I thought it would be. Also more disjointed than I thought it would be. I liked it though. I am not one of the Apple worshippers, in fact i thought so negatively of Apple users that it took me a while to finally get over that enough for me to purchase an iPad, but I can respect whatever it is the Steve Jobs had that created such faithful followers. 

And I did enjoy the irony they movie makers must have had fun including like "No one's going to want a personal computer!" The world has changed so much in the past thirty some-odd years. I'm writing this blog entry on my iPad on the train home. I go to sleep and wake up to this little thing that is thousands of times faster and more capable than my first computer. I can't even imagine what I'm going to be using and doing thirty years from now. And as a lover of the analog, I will have my initial resistance, but I'll give in as I always do. Curiousity and envy always get the better of me as long as I can think of the proper justification.

Anyways, back to the movie, I think it was missing a balance of his personal life and Apple life. Or maybe the viewers were supposed to have more prior knowledge of Jobs and Apple. I felt a bit lost when the time jumped forward especially when he was suddenly married and gardening. I'm all for movies and stories that dump you into the deep end, but this was more like being left in the dust. Still enjoyed it. Ashton Kutcher had a big part in that. He was still Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs, but that was what was good about it. I'd love to see him in more serious roles. 

Also! The theater was really nice. I'm not sure what I liked so much about it, but I liked the feel of it. Old school, but with stadium seating. Pretty kick-ass. I wouldn't mind going there again. Especially on Ladies' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment