Sunday, November 17, 2013

Obsessive Stationery Disorder: Changing taste in pens and a New PenHolder

Until about half a year ago, I was in love with blue-black ink for years. Couldn't get enough of it. It felt so special. But recently, I've moved back over to plain black. This is most likely because of my new sketching hobby. Blue-black doesn't quite cut it. At least not now. 

And while I have recommended Surari and Jetstream to others, I am a loyal fan of Zebra's Sarasa. I own the full set of colors in 0.5 and bought a pen case just for them. I buy a bunch of them just so I can be sure to have one in reach no matter where I am.

For a while, I was waivering and reaching for the Pentel Slicci 0.25 Black that I recently acquired specifically for writing in my planner. Thin lines are a necessity and the pen body is slim as well. But after I bought a pen holder for my notebook and stuck in a black 0.5 Sarasa, it's been back to the Sarasa. 



I shopped around a bit before I settled on this pen holder. I wanted something strong, but uninvasive. All the other choices stuck out too much and I know with the way I treat my notebook, anything that stuck out didn't stand a chance. 

I thought I'd give this one a try and it stays tucked in my already buldging notebook. Not bad so far. Though it's only been a few days. We'll see how it holds up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment