Friday, November 29, 2013

Package arrival! The Sketchnote Handbook

So I'll try to keep this short.

I've been listening to the Pen Addict podcast and I'll get into the positive and negative effects of this on my life later, but on Episode 17, they had Mike Rhodes as a guest and he wrote this book called The Sketchnote Handbook. Just listening to him talk about sketchnoting I knew it was exactly what I wanted to do. It's how my mind processes information. I immediately went to the show notes for the episode and went to the various links, checked out the book and a few videos and within minutes, I was sold. I put in my order on Amazon Japan and they had one copy left of the video edition, which includes an access code to the online videos.




The book arrived this morning and I am extremely excited. It's a beautiful book. I'm a bit surprised by the quality of it for the price. The cover feels nice. There is a PDF version, but I always have been and always will be a physical book person.

This will be my reading for the next week or so and I bet I will be posting my progress as I work on becoming a sketchnote master. Well, that'll probably take a few years, but you get what I mean. I'm sure many of them will make their way onto the #MelSketch100 project.

 What to draw? What to sketch? How will I change as I make my way along this journey? Where will it lead? Very excited for the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment