Sunday, December 1, 2013

Obsessive Stationery Disorder: Shopping Habits

After a conversation with a coworker, I was reminded that my stationery shopping habits are not normal; basically I visit stationery shops on a weekly basis, even when I have nothing to buy. Apparently the average human being doesn't do this.


Near one of the offices where I work, there is a small stationery store that I almost always check before work. I like to check the new products and seasonal item and also because, honestly, looking at pens all lined up in rows brings me joy. (Yes, I'm not normal. I think we established that a long time ago.)

I also visit the stationery floors at the Loft and Tokyu Hands about once a month to check out the new and seasonal items there. Especially the seasonal items and displays. A perk of working in the two biggest areas of Nagoya is that the big stores are not really out of my way. Typical modus operandi is to walk around the floor for at least an hour, taking things into my hand and checking out more while I contemplate if I need or really want this specific. Luckily for my wallet, most things end up back on the shelf. This has become so normal in my life that I won't go to Loft if I have less than an hour free.

That's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment