Friday, December 20, 2013

Obsessive Stationery Disorder: A White SKE48 x CoCo Ichiban-ya Frixion Pen

Something happened that made me feel that higher powers are telling me that my stationery obsession isn't necessarily a bad thing.


The other day, I got lunch at CoCo Ichiban-ya, which, if you've spent time in Japan, you know, is a curry restaurant. Instead of my usual, I decided to go for the soup curry. As I was waiting for my meal, a waitress came by and said that everyone who orders the soup curry has a chance to win a prize. The soup curry is in collaboration with an idol group called SKE 48, so the prizes had something to do with the group. I pulled out a card and not only did I actually win a prize, but I got the pen. 



Not the sticker or the smartphone stand, both of which I have no need for, but the pen. A Frixion pen with SKE48 and CoCo Ichiban-ya printed on it.

I'm not sure if I'll use it since I don't use the Frixions on a regular basis outside of work, but it made me quite happy and a white Frixion pen is quite rare. In fact, I think this is the first time I've seen one.

Knowing me though, I'll find the perfect use for it soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment