Monday, December 9, 2013

Who misses my voice? I'm on the Internets! (and a request)

You may have caught me mentioning a podcast recording last week. Well, it's been posted.

I've been doing a volunteer translation/radio thing for almost a year now for the Nagoya International Center. The lady who organizes the broadcast volunteers asked if I'd be willing to volunteer on another thing the NIC does called Out and About, which highlights events in the area each month. I decided it was about time I broadened my horizons a bit.

Long story short, I basically proof the English translations and write and record the monthly podcast. So, anyone who misses listening to me (not sure why you would, but you know) here's the link to the page with my first Out and About podcast:
http://www.nic-nagoya.or.jp/en/e/archives/11485

After a year (even though it's once every other month) of doing a short radio blip, I finally don't really have that freaky feeling you get when you hear your own recorded voice. Though that comfort level did not leave me immune to messing up. I can hear the mistakes and the awkward pacing, which painfully prove that I need to practice more before recording, but not too bad for a first time. I'm not going to be hard on myself figuring I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. Next month will be better. I promise.

So now here is the request:

Anyone who does listen to the podcast (it's about 10 minutes), I would really appreciate constructive criticism. Anything you notice that could be better or anything that you think I did well or you liked. I would love the feedback.

I've found that I like this kind of work. Obviously with the lack of experience I'm not great at it, but I enjoy it. Not sure where this is going to go, but I'm sticking around for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment