Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hunger Games Gradient Nail Tutorial(?)

Tried my hand at some fancy nails. Theme: Girl on Fire.

If you search for "Hunger Games nails", most of your results will be a black base with orange flames. Most likely there will also be a mockingjay on the left ring finger. And that is precisely what I decided to do as well, going with the gradient because it's easier.

Normally I'm opposed to following the crowd, but there was a time issue (I had to get the colors at my local drugstore the same day I decided to do my nails) and gradient nails were new territory. I checked out a number of tutorials online to get a general idea of how to do it and what I needed.

When I got to my grandmother's for the New Year holiday, I did a test run and it turned out to be a lot easier than I imagined. This will definitely be something I do again but with more work dress code friendly colors.

I wanted a record of the process so I decided to try out the Shadow Puppet app that has been sitting on my iPad for a whole. It's a photo presentation app that appealed to me more than a regular video. I downloaded it months ago and had been waiting for a reason to use it.

The test run, as well as it turned out, was exactly that and I wanted to fix the orange:black ratio and I didn't even use a base coat, so I did a second run and took photos of each step to use in Shadow Puppet. I gotta say, I like how it turned out. I will be doing more of these in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment