Saturday, January 25, 2014

#MelKyoto2014 Day 2

Totally late start. But I'm cool with that.

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen the view from my hotel room. Can't complain. Also a big bath, clean room, wi-fi, and they gave me a chu-hi when I checked in. The complimentary breakfast could have been better (pre-made green tea in a pot? really?) but convenient. And the yudofu was yummers.

On the agenda today is retracing yesterday's 4 hour walk and making purchases. Then either trek back to the hotel or bunker down somewhere until I meet up with some friends for dinner. It will depend on how heavy my bag is.

I emptied my backpack to carry my haul and now totally look like a tourist, which I am.

The stationery budget is currently set at 15,000. Unknown factors are self-control and three stores I missed yesterday. I checked their websites last night and all three had drool-worthy items.

Thankfully two stores I was most afraid of didn't have as much that I felt an urgency to buy. One in particular, Kyukyodo, has seasonal items always in stock in Nagoya, so I might skip it today in the interest of time and for the sake of my feet.

2 comments:

  1. enjoy Kyoto, Mel :) I know the difficulty of staying away from lovely/functional stationery as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Medha! I had a great time. Spent a lot, but got a lot of pretties. :)

      Delete