Sunday, January 19, 2014

OSD: Tricked-out Notebook update

Obsessive Stationery Disorder

I've added two things to my tricked out notebook:
  1. Notebook pen case
  2. Weekly schedule stickies

Notebook pen case

Notebook pencase

I liked the pen holder that I was using; it did the job and while it was starting to fall off, it was nothing a little masking tape couldn't fix. But then I saw the notebook pen case from Pentel that I had held back from purchasing simply because I couldn't find it in blue. Well, I found it in blue. A lovely blue that I quite adore. I've been using it ever since and it's been working like a charm.

Zebra Sarasa, Uni Kurutoga, Pilot Hi-Tec-C, Pentel Slicci, Tombow Mono
Inside are a black 0.5 Sarasa and an 0.5 Kurutoga. On the outside big pocket are a black 0.25 Slicci and a red 0.4 Hi-Tec-C Slim Knock and in the small pocket is a Tombow MONO Smart eraser.

It's convenient and just the right size. I can grab a pen first and then open my notebook. I have easy access to a pencil as well as the thinner pens I use in my schedule book. And the slim Mono eraser fits perfectly in front. Keeps the bare essentials in close reach (stationery problem alert: three pens and a pencil is "bare"). True, it makes my notebook bulkier, but it's worth it.

Weekly schedule sticky notes

Upcoming events were getting lost in the bullet journal style and I simply don't flip to the monthly planner in front, so I added another element: weekly schedule sticky notes.

These are made by the same company that makes the calendar stickies. As you can see, they are quite minimal and that's just what I need.


First, I copy the most important events (due dates and appointments and such) from the monthly planner for this week and next week. This week's sticky note goes opposite the daily notes, moving along as necessary; next week's note stays on the cover of the planner. When things come up, I simply add them to the appropriate date.

I've only had used it for a few days, but so far, it's kept my planner as a planner to keep track of future events, my daily notes as a place to write notes from each day, and the schedule stickies are a clear schedule of upcoming events and to-dos for the week. It feels like things are the way they should be. We'll see how long this lasts. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment