Thursday, February 6, 2014

Japan Restaurant Week - Pre-meal thoughts: なだ万茶寮

With the Kyoto trip and everything, I wasn't up for organizing Restaurant Week trips for Winter 2014, but a good friend asked if I was going anywhere and we ended up planning lunch at Nadaman Saryo.

Nadaman is one of the old school names in Japanese cuisine, so I have rather high expectations. Which is usually when I'm disappointed most.

My highest expectation is the presentation. We're talking Japanese aesthetics here; how it looks is just as important as how it tastes. In fact, all of the senses matter.

Not that I go to nice places often enough to be an expert, but that's how it's supposed to be.

Well, this is all talk before the meal. I'll write more later. And probably have pics too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment