Friday, August 29, 2014

New favorite: ONE OK ROCK

Not to say they replace TOKIO. No one takes TOKIO's place in my heart. TOKIO inspires me and supports me and encourages me. I love them as a group and the purest form of that is at a concert. There is something deeper than just music and 5 hot guys... And I'm going to stop here (As November comes closer, these posts will become more frequent and more feverish. You have been warned.)

Where was I?

Oh yeah, ONE OK ROCK.

I watched the Rurouni Kenshin movie a few days ago and while I loved the movie, I was also completely amazed by the song in the ending credits. I thought it was an American band because of the sound and the English lyrics I could understand, but then Japanese lyrics started to flow and my eyes were fixated to the screen to get the band's name.

Mighty Long Fall by ONE OK CLOCK

Artists who can use both English and Japanese hold a special place in my heart. Flipping back and forth just because, they offer a kind of indulgence that I rarely experience in my everyday life. I don't hold back a part of my brain or myself. I get to relax.

I don't go seeking these artists out, but it makes me happy to find music I want to hear right now and if it's both Japanese and English, that's the cherry on top.

Anyways, I was so taken in by ONE OK ROCK that I bought a new iTunes card and using the convenience store's free wifi, downloaded their most recent album.

Listening to it now. Good stuff. Just what I needed. Might post a follow-up after I've had the album for a while, but so far, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment