Saturday, August 16, 2014

Turning Pages: ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖 4

I picked this up at Centrair before I went home to California, started it in the immigration line at LAX, but finally picked it up and finished it on the way to my grandmother's.

Unlike the previous three, this one was all one story. It was cool because it dove deeper into the mystery as well as involving Shioriko's mom, but I also didn't get my Shioriko-Daisuke squee fix that happened at the end of each short story in the previous three volumes. Granted there were some major squees in this one, but I had to fight the desire to flip to the end to see where they end up at the end of the book.

Overall, quite satisfying, especially since the topic was Edogawa Ranpo. Awesomeness.

Now I need to pick up volume 5 and after that, I must wait. The author mentioned in the afterword that this story was entering its second half, which makes me a bit sad, but also hopeful that this couple will actually become a couple soon.

This is one of those series that I read for both the plot and the characters. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment