Saturday, February 14, 2015

Turning Pages: レインツリーの国

The movie's apparently coming out this year. No movie can do this book justice, not to mention the advances in technology will require a few tweaks or it'll be set a few years back, but I'll still watch it.

Of course, like most, I got into this book ages ago because of the second Library Wars novel. How awesome that the author went ahead and wrote a fictional book, making it real? Complete with the same cover.

But even without the undeniably fantastic meta origin, it still stands perfectly and beautifully on its own and I identfy with it more than I'd like to admit.

I had the urge to read it again a couple of years ago and bought the paperback even though I have the hardcover back in California. Reached for it again a few weeks ago and each time, it's the same: a sweet love story that I totally relate to and an overarching theme that everyone is fighting their own battles but that can be hard to remember when you are fighting your own.

That last sentence sounded cryptic. I don't mean for it to be, but it is good to remember.

Anyways, finished it up just in time to start my newly acquired book.

No comments:

Post a Comment