Friday, May 1, 2015

Now it's just me and the cat

A photo posted by Mel [める] (@luxvesperis) on
My mother has safely landed in Japan. So now Chicago is stuck with me for almost two weeks. This was the main reason for my trip back here. My mom makes an annual trip back to Japan in May, but Chicago's health wasn't that great when we first started talking back in December about my mom's trip. So we came to the decision that I would come back to SoCal, we'd hang out a bit and I would stay with the cat while she was in Japan.

Chicago's health thankfully improved since we first talked, but the original plan still made sense since I needed to take care of a few things back here and also to keep a closer eye on the cat than we could ask a family friend or neighbor to do.

After dropping off my mom at the airport yesterday, I set up a sticky-note calendar of reminders, like when trash day is, when to water the plants, as well as a work-out schedule and general cat health notes. And finally, today is the first day I have to myself after two weeks of being back stateside. It's been a bit overwhelming. And thinking about the things I need to take care of while I'm here, it still kind of is, which is why I haven't really contacted anyone about meeting up. Sorry! It's on today's to-do list.

It has been a fun, but packed first two weeks: Star Wars Celebration, Star Wars Night at Angel Stadium and hanging out with my friends in East Bay which included lots of good food and a morning of sailing on the bay. My mom and I also visited people who take care of stuff for us and we made a number of purchases that were long overdue.

Today I woke up around 4:30 (jet-lag and general fatigue have made me a morning person), so I was able to make tea, have breakfast, check social media, clean up Chicago's litter, give Chicago his morning brushing, sweep the kitchen floor, sweep the den, water the plants, try to learn a bit of Portuguese, stretch, journal, send a Skype video message to my mother, and write this post and it's only 8:40. Now, I am going to have second breakfast, get dressed, and walk to the post office before it gets too hot.

Look at me. I'm being productive. Let's see how long this lasts. My bet, Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could come out and bother you~~~

    -Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish London was closer! Roll on September~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I've already started thinking about what I'm going to wear and how I want to do my nails and my hair. :)

      Delete