Sunday, June 21, 2015

At the Theater: Mockingjay: Afterthoughts

Note: Might be spoilerish

I tend to have issues with adaptations, but maybe I've forgotten a lot about the book, because I really enjoyed that and with no "That's not how it was in the book!"

Things noticed:
-Buttercup sounds just like a pissed off Chicago. Big fluffiness too.
-I like Katniss and Peeta. I'm rather indifferent about Gale.
-Felt a twang in my chest in Plutarch's first scene.
-Love Effie! Love Effie so much.
-And Cinna. Cried at the sketches.
-Cried at a lot of points. I think I needed the emotional release. I am attached to these characters. Especially Peeta.
-I like Julianne Moore as Coin.

The Japanese version started off with a recap of the previous two movies that I felt was unnecessary. However, I did like at the end when it went through all of the Mockingjay symbols and announced Part 2 will open in Japan with the rest of the world. Quite glad about that. Part 1 ended exactly where I thought it would and I am as upset with the current state of things in movie Panem as I thought I would be.

But now, it's time to get back to my room and into my bed.




Are you

Are you

Coming to the tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment